J. Cole – 2012
Self-produced back in 2008, Cole drops “2012” as some type of ode to the possibility of the world ending at midnight. Listen to the track below and catch what he had to say after the jump.
If the world ends tomorrow, damn. I would be mad as shit for 2 reasons. First, I’m not with my family. That would suck.
What would also be wack is if I never got to drop this song.
Summer of 08′. Mark Pitts meeting had happened a month ago. He said he fucks with me, but he not talking about signing me. Ok. Fuck that. I’ma make my new shit so stupid that the next time he meet with me he gonna HAVE to sign me. Same summer I made Grown Simba and started The Warm Up with a “fuck it” mentality. A few special songs I made that summer haven’t dropped yet. This is one of them.
Some of the most fun I ever had making a record. Alone in my room, making the beat, writing the raps, Jammin to this.
Here we are, Years Later, and right on time. Enjoy
– oh yea. Shout to the spanish nigga that came through and played the percussions. To the cool ass horn player that laced me, I forgot his name. This was my first Quincy Jones moment. Shout to Lil Cole. Shout to Aristotle. Shout to YOU.
- 07/24/2015 • Video: Janet Jackson ft. J.Cole – No Sleeep
- 07/23/2015 • New Music: @TraeABN ft. @JColeNC & Ink – Children Of Men
- 06/24/2015 • Beyonce, Future, J.Cole, The Weeknd & More To Perform @ Made In America Festival 2015
- 06/23/2015 • Video: J. Cole Explains Inspiration Behind “Friday Night Lights” Mixtape