A.R.S. is new to me as he will be to you. DJ Young Legend explains all below as he drops off his new single with 2 Chainz and Gillie Da Kid.

Tarelle Brown better known as A.R.S (A Rising Superstar) was born in El Paso,Colorado to a single 17 yr. old mother on May 10th. Due to his mothers parental conflicts, A.R.S’s mother and him later moved to Southern,N.J. His 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade years of middle school were spent on a small suburban island called Brigantine,which was only a mile from Atlantic City.His 4th and 5th grade years were spent in the fast paced city known as Americas Playground, Atlantic City, New Jersey.By his 6th grade year he was accepted into Milton Hershey School,a school owned by the founder of Hershey chocolate products which was a boarding school for under privileged children who excelled in academics. Though all of his day to day expenses were inclusive, this took an alarming toll on his spirit.

A.R.S however did have the privilege of having his own favorite music”hip hop”, which was looked at as contraband by Milton Hershey School. Being allowed to listen to hip hop music was up to the discretion of the staff of the school and unfortunately A.R.S had older “house parents” who thought rap music was garbage and preferred 60’s to 70’s christian music. During his vacations home he’d work in local barbershops sweeping up hair and taking out trash to earn money to buy new sneakers, tapes and cds so he could show them off to his friends and housemates back at school. While doing this he met several friends who rapped and later got the chance to show his skill and landed himself in a rap group called Self-Contained.

A.R.S. began acting out and having trouble adapting back to the ways of boarding school and rebelled to the point he was expelled and sent back to N.J for permanent living.
His first year home he had his first child,was arrested for underage drinking,almost landed himself in jail from several crack house raids which he missed by the nose of his hair, and was in numerous physical altercations. Following a close friends funeral A.R.S decided to change his life around and pursue his hobby of music, as well as become a law abiding citizen. He applied for a job at the local hospital and was hired. A.R.S used his finances to invest in his musical craft and boy did it pay off. He signed his first management contract with Da Bomb Management for $5000.00 and began doing numerous shows throughout the tri-state area. He opened for Amil of Roc-A-Fella records, Mase of Bad Boy Records and was locally recording at the top Independent recording studio’s in South Jersey. A.R.S was working on and indie release which featured local acts and producers that was never released.

A.R.S also put out a project called ”Welcome to Atlantic City”, which was hosted and financed by a close friend of his at the time and the project went on to sell an astounding 7,000 copies. While going to Discmakers to pick up the cd, A.R.S and his friend passed a freshly packaged cd to a gentleman named Twinz. Filled with excitement they just wanted him to listen to the music and give any feedback.While conversing, Twinz said he was an upcoming producer and was looking to work with new upcoming acts. A.R.S received a call from Twinz 3 days after giving him the cd and Twinz revealed to him he had some mainstream artist placements and he wanted to produce for A.R.S. They put together their first project titled “The Official” and it landed in the hands of an A&R from Universal Records named Sal. Sal wanted to do a developmental deal, and together A.R.S and Twinz were on their way.

A.R.S began working hard musically, and with Twinz help he got features from Grafh,Slim Thug,Capone of CNN ,Rick Ross before his super stardom and Freeway of Roc-A-Fella records. He was also doing numerous shows opening for mainstream acts as well as showcases and had his first album release party at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City,N.J.He had a website launched and also had numerous videos live,with 100’s of thousands of friends and views on popular social sites.

Due to family issues A.R.S was forced to move out of state and ties between him and Twinz were severed and the deal dominished. This didn’t stop him.He maintained a legal job,bought his own recording equipment and taught himself to record and master his own songs.During this time he met a gentleman named Tahir. Tahir was a real estate buyer and seller in P.A. He heard A.R.S’s cd and engineering skills and promised to bring platinum artist DirtyMouth of Platinum selling group Trillville to his house to meet A.R.S and possibly record. Once Dirty and A.R.S met their friendship took off immediately. During this time Dirty got A.R.S on the Thisis50.com tour, got him some polished mainstream production from one of Violator Management’s producers named Scorp Dezel,as well as producer Natural Dizaster of Soulja Boys hit single ”Turn My Swag On”and has bridged some gaps for A.R.S with some major industry players. A.R.S has a huge single out now titled ” Rubberband Money” which features superstars 2 Chainz,DirtyMouth, and former Cash Money records recording artist Gillie Da Kid.