Fighting as a heavyweight, he beat Igor Pawel Jakubowski from Poland on factors within the Preliminary Round of the Rio Olympics.
It seems to me that a few of the feedback right here have been posted by individuals who have consumed several alcoholic beverages. “We saw it in this struggle – he never once took his eye off what he had to do. Every moment he was pondering, learning. He may have tried to force it however he did not. That’s what I like about him.” “There’s one or two people in British boxing who are likely to suppose Okolie is cocky, that he’s too flash. Glowacki – 34 and solely overwhelmed twice by Oleksandr Usyk and Mairis Briedis beforehand – merely had no reply.
Check his profile web page for a list of massive potential fights. In the US you possibly can usually stream Lawrence Okolie’s fights through DAZN. In the UK you can often stream Okolie’s fights on NowTV and Sky Go.
“It’s important that I turn out to be certainly one of Britain’s finest cruiserweights and I have the chance to try this. This was a great win however there are more exams ahead.” In just his sixteenth professional battle, Okolie used his peak and reach to never allow Poland’s Glowacki shut. Great Britain’s Lawrence Okolie delivered a punch-good display earlier than touchdown a sixth-spherical knockout of Krzysztof Glowacki to become WBO world cruiserweight champion. Okolie subsequent fought on thirteen December 2017, closing off his first year as a professional on the York Hall in London. Starting off with a stiff jab, Okolie dropped Sousa twice in spherical one and twice in round two before the referee stepped in at 1 minute and four seconds.
Glowacki: I’m Not Taking Okolie Frivolously, Will Give Him Powerful Fight Which I’ll Win
The final scorecards read 116–one hundred ten, 114–112 and 114–113 in Okolie’s favour. During the middle rounds there was lots of holding and wrestling. Okolie started using his head on the within which resulted in him shedding points.
- Starting off with a stiff jab, Okolie dropped Sousa twice in round one and twice in spherical two earlier than the referee stepped in at 1 minute and four seconds.
- Okolie knocked Rusiewicz down twice in round one en route to a primary-round stoppage.
- His first professional fight happened on the Manchester Arena in Manchester on 25 March 2017.
- Okolie was also taken past the primary round for the first time in his professional profession.
- Okolie dropped Watkins twice on his approach to a 3rd-round stoppage victory.
- It was on the undercard for the Jorge Linares vs. Anthony Crolla lightweight world championship battle.